Whitespace Work Software Ltd is delighted to be supporting Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough (ABC) Council to deliver municipal, commercial and environmental services to the local residents.
Formed in 2015, ABC are the second largest council by population and economic activity in Northern Ireland with approximately 212,00 residents.
ABC Council identified there was a need to reduce waste contaminations and in turn increase recycling rates. In addition, a waste management solution was also required to join up their infrastructure and operations to allow the service to be run more efficiently.
Following an in-depth review of options within the market ABC Whitespace was chosen as the preferred supplier and awarded via the G-Cloud framework platform in Mid-October 2020.
Whitespace’s waste management software will be installed in the vehicles’ in-cab devices enabling live information to flow in real-time between the front line workers and back office teams. The new process will provide valuable information from their waste and environmental operations which can be used to reduce contamination rates and increase the overall recycling rate.
In order to achieve the above, ABC Council purchased the below Whitespace components:
- Whitespace Municipal – manages modern household waste and recycling collection and street cleansing service
- Whitespace Commercial – manages commercial waste contracts and collections
- Whitespace Environmental – manages grounds maintenance services and other environmental activities
- Whitespace Mobile – links the crews to the back office and deliver the in-cab operations and vehicle checks
- Whitespace Analytics – provides end-users with easy-to-use business intelligence tools and management reporting capabilities
- Whitespace Resident app – connects residents with their local council, giving them access to information about their waste collection services and the ability to easily report on issues in the local area.