Whitespace Work Software Ltd is excited to renew its contract with Derby City Council, supporting them with their municipal waste collections.
Our solution will continue to help them streamline their services, increase the speed of processing data and provide accurate reporting on KPI’s and customer targets.
The Whitespace system helps deliver an effective and efficient waste management operation, allowing Derby City Council to:
- Reduce costs by efficiently using their assets
- Streamlining and monitoring business processes
- Respond quicker to customer enquiries
- Accessing operational information and accurate reporting
- Mobilise the workforce with in-cab devices
Derby City Council is the local government unitary authority for Derby, a city in the East Midlands region of England home to 248,700 residents.
Before implementing Whitespace’s system, the municipal team used an old, unreliable, Microsoft Access database to produce paper based round sheets. It required regular maintenance and the process relied heavily on paper. It also made it challenging to keep teams on the road updated as communication was limited to just radio or phone calls.
The Whitespace system provided them with an automated, robust and reliable process with a dedicated server. It created a platform where they could see the status of their rounds throughout the day and move work between rounds instantly through an in cab device. The following Whitespace products were implemented:
- Whitespace Municipal Waste – to meet the back-office requirements for managing household waste and recycling collections and street cleansing
- Whitespace Mobile In-Cab– to link the crew to the back office and deliver the in-cab operations and vehicle checks
- Whitespace Analytics – to provide end-users with easy to use business intelligence tools and management reporting capability